Text Object – Dyslexia [pdf]
I used fonts from DaFont.com, Word, and fSymbols.com to demonstrate how the use of different fonts can effect they way a person reads. As a dyslexic I find that some fonts are easier to read than others so I have used a few fonts that are hard and easy for myself to read in this pdf (above). One of the paragraphs is even upside down, because from time to time I find that I can read faster upside down than I do when the text is right-side-up.
Changes that were made:
- fixed and changed a few of the paragraphs
- edited the text, removed/fixed typos
- added more colors to the background for the reader to experience more of how the background color can help or hinder a persons abilities.
- added a “help” arrow for readers to know where to being reading the up-side-down text.
- edited the up-side-down text to no longer by backwards
- Dance Dance
- Curlz MT
- Apple Chancery
- Open Dyslexia
- Didot (upside-down)